East Rock Creek Village
SPECIAL SUPPLEMENT UPDATE:
ERCV GUIDE TO GETTING THE COVID-19 VACCINE BOOSTER
NOVEMBER 1, 2021
ERCV can assist you or your neighbor to get a booster shot and can provide a ride if needed. Call us at 202-656-7322 or email email@example.com. ERCV membership is open to residents of Ward 4 living east of Rock Creek Park who are 50 or older.
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) have authorized booster shots for the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
- WHO: People age 65 or older should receive a booster shot. Younger adults at high risk of severe COVID-19 because of medical conditions or where they work should also receive a booster.
- WHEN: Eligible Pfizer and Moderna recipients can get a booster at least six months after their second dose. All Johnson & Johnson recipients will be eligible for a second shot at least two months after the first.
- WHAT: The FDA now allows medical providers to boost people with a different vaccine than the one they initially received, a strategy known as “mix and match.” Whether you received Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or Pfizer, you may receive a booster of any other vaccine. Those who got J&J are urged to get Moderna or Pfizer for their booster.
- WHERE: COVID-19 Boosters are available at Giant, CVS, Walmart and Safeway pharmacies in the area by appointments made online and on a walk-in basis.
- Use Vaccines.gov to do your own search. Input your zip code to see where vaccines are available in DC and nearby suburbs.
- If you plan to WALK IN for your booster shot at Giant, you may download a booster consent form/questionnaire to complete and bring with you. Also, bring your vaccine and health insurance card. There will be no charge.
- If you make an ONLINE APPOINTMENT, have your vaccine card and health insurance card handy since most websites require you to complete a rather extensive list of questions.
- DC HEALTH WALK-IN CLINICs: For information on DC Health walk-in sites offering COVID-19 boosters AND Flu shots this week click here.
- BOOSTERS AT HOME: DC Health offers boosters at home for those unable to get to a vaccine site on their own. Call 1-855-363-0333 to arrange for DC Health to come to your home. ERCV members have been very pleased with this service.
- ERCV CAN ASSIST: If you would like us to assist you in making an online vaccine or booster appointment OR provide a ride to an appointment, call the ERCV office at 202-656-7322 and we will be glad to help you.
Choosing safer activities: When choosing safer activities, consider how COVID-19 is spreading in your community, the number of people participating in the activity, and the location of the activity. Click here for more CDC information: “Choosing Safer Activities.”
Test yourself at home: Test Yourself DC is a COVID-19 at-home testing kit that allows you to take a COVID-19 test at home without having to wait in line at a testing site. The COVID-19 At-Home Testing Kit should be used by individuals 18 years of age and older, or by children ages 3 and older with assistance from a parent or legal guardian. Test Yourself DC kits are available for pick-up in Ward 4 at the Shepherd Park Library, 7420 Georgia Ave. Once you have your testing kit, log in here and follow the steps to take your test at home.
- Pick up: 10am – 6pm Monday to Saturday
- Drop off: By 8pm, 7 days a week