ERCV GUIDE TO GETTING THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Updated May 1, 2021
ERCV can assist you or your neighbor in getting a vaccine appointment through DC Health or CVS and can provide a ride to your appointment. Call us at 202-656-7322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (ERCV membership is open to residents of Ward 4 living east of Rock Creek Park and north of Kennedy St. who are 50 or older. There is no cost for membership during the pandemic.)
- Senior Walk-Ups at Lamond Recreation Center: Lamond Recreation Center (20 Tuckerman St. NE) is now accepting walk-ups for seniors (65+) on Wednesdays through Saturdays from 9am to1pm. Eligibility will likely expand to younger DC residents soon.
- DC residents who cannot leave their home independently can now be vaccinated at home. All you need to do to is call 1-855-363-0333 from 8am to 7pm on weekdays or 8am to 4pm on weekends and request an appointment. Make sure you tell the call taker that you need to receive the vaccine at home.
- All DC residents 16 and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in DC. To ensure that DC is able to get the vaccine out as efficiently as possible, the Mayor is calling on all DC residents to pre-register with DC Health for a vaccination appointment by going to dc.gov or calling 1-855-363-0333. Within a week after you register you will be invited by email or phone to choose a vaccine appointment from a list of sites. You will know which vaccine you will be getting.
- Appointments available at CVS: You can also reserve vaccineappointments in DC or Maryland directly with CVS Pharmacies. There now seem to be plenty of appointments available.
- At-home COVID test kits available: These kits are available at public libraries, including Shepherd Park. For details, click here.
Vaccine Volunteers: East Rock Creek Village has organized a group of vetted volunteers to assist our members get vaccinated against COVID-19. If you not a member of ERCV but live in our service area which is the northern part of Ward 4 east of Rock Creek Park, we can quickly enroll you. Membership is free during the pandemic. To request services, email email@example.com (or just reply to this message) or phone 202-656-7322 any day between 8am and 8pm.
Our Vaccine Volunteer services include:
- Going online to schedule a vaccine appointment for you
- Online scheduling of 2nd shot appointments for those whose first shot was at a Safeway pharmacy or one of the three Senior Wellness Centers.
- Providing a free ride to your vaccination appointment
- Printing and delivery of appointment confirmation emails or other online communications.
- Offering information updates, support, and encouragement. We will email updated vaccination information as it becomes available.
Special thanks to Susan Davis for compiling this information and for leading ERCV's volunteer response.